When we talk about business meetings, what comes in our mind? Certain number of people, meeting and discussing over a topic.
Does it make you tired to attend a meeting? Is it just like listening to a person who is coordinating a meeting? or is it like all the people talking at the same time?
Well, here are several points one should keep in mind when coordinating a meeting:
- Meetings should be a productive use of time. There should always be agenda points as well as some outcome of the meeting.
- Meetings should have proper Meeting Agenda. People should be informed about the meeting prior to the meeting along with meeting agenda so they can come prepare for it.
- There should always be one person conducting the meeting who takes the lead. This avoids confusion and let the meeting go in a proper direction.
- Meetings should be time-boxed. Meetings should always end in certain duration of time. This helps us maintain our schedules as well as never make a person feel tired of meetings.
- There should always be an Outcome of the meeting. This can be like follow ups, to do list etc for each team member.
How to prepare Meeting Agendas?
- Ask your team mates to provide you their agenda items if they have anything to be discussed. This gives each team member a chance to express their point of view and help the coordinator of the meeting to manage it well.
- Once you have all the points, sequence them and assign timings to each agenda items.
- Have question/answer round at the end of the meeting.
- Have team mates schedule next follow up meeting.
Hope these points help our meeting coordinators to conduct effective meetings.